Problem using Lotus Notes

marriaga at marriaga at
Thu Nov 28 13:53:58 CST 2002

I found out that in the file user.reg (I have it under /home/user/.wine/)
there are the Regional Settings I need, including a.m. and p.m. I changed
them to AM and PM, but when I use these particular Notes Database it´s
still showed "a.m." and "p.m.", it seems Wine isn´t looking into this file.
I don´t have any trouble with Notes general use, only with this database,
the problem is that it´s crucial for my work. Now I know that the only
thing it´s giving me problems is the way a.m. and p.m. are showed.
When you make changes under the .reg files, is there something you have to
do after that?
I hope with this information someone can help me.

Martín Arriaga
Grupo Arcor
marriaga at

                    "ezra daniel"
                    <ezra_daniel at ho      Para:   marriaga at
          >           cc:     wine-users at
                                         Asunto:      Re: Problem using Lotus Notes
                    10:20 AM

Well... Lets see, I dont have trouble with dates untill now using Lotus
Notes, Ill tell you my config...

First, in the location , if you are using Lotus Notes 5.x or the local
names.nsf is version 5.x design you have under the tab "Advanced" - "Basic"

a field called Local Time Zone, though I think that may not be your answer.

In User preferences under Lotus Notes version 5.x under the Menu File
you have a section called "International" where you can set:

Content Language: Spanish <-my setting
Sorting: default
Speeling dictionary: Spanish
Alternate name language: Spanish
Import/Export Characters: Codepage 850 (which is the western european).

If you use Notes 4.x I dont have it right now and I dont remember if there
are the same options as in version 5.x

Good luck.

BTW, Any Domino Administrators around in this mailing list?