How Do I Setup the Config File?

Duane Clark dclark at
Fri Nov 29 12:28:43 CST 2002

Shaunie wrote:
 > I only have Linux on my system so I am trying to install this without
 > the use of Windows.

Winesetuptk can do that, but if you don't want to use it, then another
easy alternative is to get this file:

That will unpack into all the configuration, registry, and ini files
that you need, including a fake Windows directory structure. If you want
the Windows directory to be located somewhere else, just move it and
modify the ~/.wine/config file to point to it's new location. Here are
some instructions that come with that file: