Problems with installing

lawson_whitney at lawson_whitney at
Tue Oct 8 16:47:21 CDT 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Ben Boomsma wrote:

> Sorry Duane I accidently replied to your adres.
> The previous problem is solved but I have some new errors:
> gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall
> >-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -D__WINE__ -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include
> >-o spec16.o spec16.c spec16.c: In function `BuildModule16': spec16.c:192:
> >internal error: Segmentation fault Please submit a full bug report, with
> >preprocessed source if appropriate. See <URL:>

> These are I believe the same errors as the first time I tried to install
> Wine, but I used the version from CVS then. This old version comes from
> I have used Mandrake 9.0 and the newest GCC compiler that
> comes with it.
> Ben

A segment fault in gcc is either a bad gcc version or a (possibly
transient) fault in the hardware memory or cache system.  I guess you
couldn't exclude a faulty HD.  Building wine is a memory system stress
test, and will find faults other memory tests won't.

If it is a software bug, it is a Mandrake bug, not a Wine bug.