Can't make a shadow direcory

Ben Boomsma benboomsma at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 05:03:52 CDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to make a shadow directory, and followed the instructions out of
the Wine manual, but it doesn't work. I should do this:

~>cd /
/>mkdir c_shadow
/>cd c_shadow
/c_shadow>ln -s /c_/* .
/c_shadow>rm windows AnApp
/c_shadow>cp -R /c_/{windows,AnApp} .
/c_shadow>chmod -R 777 windows AnApp
/c_shadow>perl -p -i -e 's|/c$|/c_shadow|g' /usr/local/etc/wine.conf

I didn't came further than:

[root at ben /]# mkdir c_shadow
[root at ben /]# cd c_shadow
[root at ben c_shadow]# ln -s /c_/* .
[root at ben c_shadow]# rm Windows Program Files
rm: cannot lstat `Windows': No such file or directory
rm: cannot lstat `Program': No such file or directory
rm: cannot lstat 'Files': No such file or directory

I know to few about this to solve it, so can someone tell me what I should
do, and is it possible that I come across other problems when I go further?

Also, I have tried to run a program with --debugmsg +loaddll, but how do I
see wich dll's are needed by the program then? The output only shows wich
dll's are loaded.

Thanks for your help,

Ben