win2000 + wine + winMX

Peter Kirk pwk.linuxfan at
Tue Oct 22 17:27:48 CDT 2002

On Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2002 23:11 giochi at wrote:
> Hello,
> could someone paste me a .wine/config file for running wine with win2000
> (and if it's possible, winMX also) In attach , there is mine.
> I see this error when I try to lunch wine with winMX:
> rizla at bizio:~$ wine /win/Programmi/WinMX/WinMX.exe
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> Thanks in advance

i suggest you dont use WinMX, since lopster (recent cvs lopster) is a better
client than WinMX is, and operates on exactly the same networks, so you still
have youre mates + files that you had with WinMX, lopster connects to every
server WinMX does. If you think the fact that lopster is better is just a
stupid idea of me, rest assured that I use the OpenNapster+WinMX Networks
frequently, and have talked to many people (lopster + WinMX users, and those
that had used both): The consesus is, everybody that has tried lopster agreed
that lopster is much better than WinMX, with the missfeature (for some users
:) ) that it doesnt run on windoze. (use cvs !!)

I took a course in speed reading and was able to read War and Peace in
twenty minutes.  It's about Russia.
		-- Woody Allen