Printing with Wine

Graham Watkins graham.gingecat at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 24 03:05:25 CDT 2002

Duane Clark wrote:

> Graham Watkins wrote:
>
>> Hi Y'all.
>>
>> I'm a relative newcomer to Wine, never having done much more than play
>> Freecell with it until now.
>>

> Is this a build that someone else made and you just installed? Unless
> the print environment where the build was made matches your print
> environment, the printing will not work. The best thing to do to make
> printing work is to compile your own.
>
> That really is not hard to do. Make sure to uninstall previous
> versions of Wine before compiling and installing from source. Since
> you already have configuration done, with a source package you should
> be able to just do ./configure, make depends, make, make install, and
> be back up and running.

It's a Redhat RPM. I'll do what you suggest (I'm downloading the file as
I write this) and let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next
to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org