fixme error messages

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Thu Oct 31 09:20:33 CST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-10-30 um 16.05 schrieb Eduard Zikeli:
> I am getting the following error messages when trying to run our
company
> software with Wine, can anybody help me and tell me what I have to do
to get
> rid of these errors?! Am I missing any important dll files or what can
the
> problem be? Thanks.
>
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:msvideo:DrawDibDraw wFlags == 0x00000200 not handled
> fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-529697949,0x40835230)semi-stub
Those errors just tell you which dll calls are not handled by wine.
Short answer: If the application runs without any problems, ignore them
or compile wine with --disable-debug and --disable-trace.
If your application doesn't work as expected, you've to look up the
function at the msdn (e.g. for ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/com/cmf_a2c_929e.asp) and try to implement it yourself or use a native dll. Of course implementing the call is the social way as other software developers will have the possibility to run the software without such a native dll.
If you need help with moving to a UNIX-derivative or implementing the
call, I can even help you offline (I just live a stone's throw from your
location, in »Inning« :)

regs,
 Chris