WineX configure problem

Spider spider at berzerker.net
Wed Apr 16 06:38:12 CDT 2003

On 11 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0300
Alan Bort <333101 at personal.net.py> wrote:

>   WARNING: Need xterm. Install, or always run first time after install
> in another terminal
> any idea what that is???
> I'm using Mandrake 9.0 with GNOME and xterm is not in my path (nor
> root's)
first, you could try adding zterm to your path "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/Xll/bin". you can also set other terms, if you prefer, in your config file in the [Console] section. i don't think it's required to have anything set in [Console], so if you still have problems, you could try commenting out the whole section.

> I run perfectly HL but it says I need to use a 16bit deoth (color
> density)... and I'm using 32 in my X... the problem is that I don't know
> how to tell the config file to use 32 (or 16 for that matter).
>
> I thought perhaps the line :
>    ; Color depth to use on multi-depth screens
>    ;;"ScreenDepth" = "32"
>
> was in charge of it... but when I uncommented it this is my output
>    X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>    Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
>    Serial number of failed request:  9
>    Current serial number in output stream:  16

you can only use 16bit mode as far as i know. you have to run X at 16bit as well.  edit /etc/X11/XF86Config to say:

Section "Screen"
    DefaultDepth 16

and then restart X.