Opera 7

Ebadu ebadu at gmx.de
Mon Feb 24 12:03:53 CST 2003

Hi guys,
I was just surprised to see that the Opera 7 Installer (without Java) runs
perfectly and installs Op7. After that I was even  more surprised to see that
also Opera itself starts without any modifications needed as wine opera.exe.
But surfing a little around I found some problems, for which perhaps anyone
here has a solution?

- sadly it crashes every now and then. I suspect something with dhtml, a site
where it always crashes (unlike under win) is mozillas devedge-site (to be
found over  mozilla.org, I don't remember the correct address). Is there some
way to locate what causes this problems and to see if it could be fixed
easily?

- when downloading a file, it's first impossible to save it (at least for me).
I have to go through Advanced->save always as->enter my downloaddir, then it
works for that particular file type

- on right click+mouse wheel to change tab the context menu comes up, which
disturbs the gesture

But I think it's great to see Opera running so easy out of the box!
Perhaps anyone has further ideas!
Greetings, Joost