problems creating shadowdirectory

Gramij B.V.(vest.Winkel) gramij.mag at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 2 06:31:15 CST 2003

I have a second hdisk, with a dual boot for win95 and xp. I use suse 7.3. I want to install wine, to be able to use some apps i use under win95. Wine setup gave me a
warning that installing wine might damage the windows install, and switched over to install without windows. i cancelled that, for that is not what i want.According to wine
documentation chapter 3.4.4.i try to make a shadow-directory first. When i try to create the symbolic links to the win95 files (in a rootsession) i get a message that it is not
permitted.
i have several questions
- Could the symbolic link problem be caused by the way the sec. hdisk is mounted ? (in kde automatically an icon windows c and an icon windows d  appears, and
clicking the icon opens konqurerer, which shows me there is a windows c dir and a windows C directory, which both have the same contents, with permissions rwxr-xr-x)
-
- What is happening in the last line in 3.4.4 (winedoc) : /C_shadow> perl -p -i -e ''s| c$|/c_shadow | g '' /usr/local/etc/wine.config ?
Is it any use to execute this line before installing wine ? on the other hand can i install wine before executing this line in the way "with windows" ?

Any help would be appreciated. Rob Gravemaker.