Graphic cards for Wine [/Linux;)]

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 7 20:19:38 CST 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 03:00, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> /me tested with 2 MSI Motherboards and an Asus motherboard.
> Now testing with a Jetway MotherBoard.

It was not exactly clear from your first mail if you have occasional crashes
or you get crash _every_ time you try to do hard video activity.
Also are you using Intel or Athlon processor?

I have a Matrox G450. I had much problems with Asus A7V133 (Via KT133 chipset
for Athlon). No 3D games worked. There were no problems with video.

Then I have changed to an Asus A7A133 (Ali MagiK 1 chipset). Also did not had
problems with video, but 3D games freezed, till I have set AGP to 4x in the
BIOS and set AGPmode to 4 in the XF86Config. When both were 2 it has freezed
right away.

And of course you are aware of the Athlon 'bug' which manifests itself
primarily with nvidia cards. You should use >= linux-2.4.19 (if I remember
exatly), or set the mem=nopentium option to the kernel.

Regards
Zsolt