Socket problems. . .

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:54:23 CDT 2003

Alex Harris wrote:
> 	I'm new to wine, so I'm kind of stumbling around in the dark trying to
> make heads or tails of the documentation. I'm trying to get a working
> installation of wine and I'm having some troubles.
> 	I've tried downloading the source and using the wineinstall script and
> that has stopped at several different spots with errors that I don't
> understand, the last one was Error 2, this during the compile stage.
> 	However, what I'm trying to figure out now is what the fuck is this
> socket thing? When I try to run wine I get the following error message:
>
> wine: lstat /tmp/.wine-aharris/server-301-829b5/socket : No such file or
> directory

This is generally a symptom of a pthreads incompatiblity. I am guessing
you are using RH9? Try running configure in the wine source directory as
"./configure --with-nptl". The "with-nptl" tells it to use the new
threading scheme in RH9. You would then need to recompile Wine, so first
probably do "make distclean".