XIO: fatal IO error 0

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Wed Mar 12 09:59:10 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Norman Urs Baier wrote:

> It is a simple SCSI Scanner, working with the Adaptec ASPI Layer. There is
> some support through linux as well, but some features still are missing.
> If I understood right the wine user guide, the scanner should work.
> But independent from the fact that I would be able to scan, the installer
> should work at least, or it would be great if I could run notepad more than
> once per X-Session. Not that I would use notepad, but it would give this idea
> of a working installation...

Maybe.  Wine has some support for aspi, but I think that install program
is not going to work unless you know what the pthread_cond_* (init,
broadcast,signal,wait,...) are 'spoze to do and contribute some code to
do it.

Hmmm, run an app once per X session... when you close it, does it in
fact go away, leaving no wine nor winesserver processes behind?

Sometimes my app hangs in termination, and if I restart it it contends
with itself for files unless I kill the old one first.

killall -HUP wine
should do it...

Lawson
 --