error wineinstalling

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun May 11 16:09:18 CDT 2003

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

>   this is place I am running "cd wine; make distclean; cd .." and
> after "./run; cd wine; tools/wineinstall".
>   if even I had read once it, have forgotten already: is it bad to do such
> jumping between main CVS-dir and wine-code sub-dir?

Not, it is not bad, but it also is not necessary. You should be able to
run "cvs update -PAd" from within the wine-code sub-dir.

But I don't know what the original problem is. I updated to the latest
CVS today, and aside from opengl related problems, it compiled fine for
me. That on RH7.3.

By the way, I almost never do "make distclean". I did not do that this
time, and probably have not for several months. In theory, it should not
be needed, and only makes you recompile everything instead of only what
has changed.