error compiling wine

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed May 21 11:54:36 CDT 2003

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> ...  how can I "go back" in patch-history? I would like to see patch(es)
> which get led me to such error-state, so I need this ability to gain some
> speed.
>
>   http://www.winehq.org/?page=cvs#useful writes:
>
>   * cvs update -D date (get the revision associated with an arbitrary date)
>
>   I have read some "man cvs" pages, but haven't found how should I "walk"
> through a patch-history by patch number and not by date.. any ideas?

To look at what has been applied to cvs in general, you can look at the
archives at either http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-cvs/, or via
nntp at news.gmane.org, group gmane.comp.emulators.wine.cvs.

To look at the cvs history of a particular file, do for example:
cvs log dlls/comctl32/tooltips.c

I rarely update just one file directly with cvs, but instead simply get
the patch I am interested in testing from the cvs archive and apply it
directly. When using CVS to go back and forth tracking down a
regression, I have always used the date method.