Retry - wrong address: HELP!!!! Can't seem to run Wine under Mandrake 9.1/9.2

deedee deedee at writestop.com
Thu Oct 9 20:50:55 CDT 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 12:12 am, Files wrote:
> Hi. I was wondering if anyone out there had any success running Wine
> under Mandrake and if so what they had to do to get it to work.

I'm using wine-20030911 for Mandrake on a Mandrake 9.1 system. I've
upgraded the kernel to 2.4.21-0.25, but other than that, it's what
shipped with Mandrake. I've had no problems getting the March, May,
July, August, and current stable versions to work.

That's not to say that different things work slightly differently with
each version, and that some things worked better with previous
installations than are working now, as well as the reverse. But I've
had no problems getting wine itself installed and working. I've not
done anything special.

Well, okay, I always completely remove the previous wine installation
before each new install. Also, I'm using a real win98se partition and
not the fake_windows partition. A third thing is that I'm using the
XWine frontend that came with the Mandrake PowerPack (which I upgraded
in September from the XWine site). I've found that it simplifies for
someone like myself (who would just as soon not know what's going on
really) configuring each application.

I have gotten my rpms from http://digilander.libero.it/winehqitalia
because Ivan compiles his on a Mandrake 9.1 system. However, my most
recent one came from somewhere else. Where, I can't remember. It was
however also compiled for a Mandrake system. I'm sure I got the
reference for it here, though. Probably someone else remembers it.

deedee
--
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"
http://www.wordstar2.com