[Wine]VVDQ : GPS/topo-map software?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 14 17:59:38 CDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:46:39 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Can we assume that you've tried with a very recent build of wine? If
>   so,
> what do you see?

Not quite. Until very recently I waited for reports from interested but
far more knowledgeable friends -- ones who *understood* linux (which I
barely manage to run, because I hate MS so much) -- and knew how to run
and even tweak wine. Then scuttlebutt reached me that Codeweavers' version
could do it; I tried; no joy. Cw wouldn't install for me under FC1, and
under RH9 (which I still had, but don't now) wouldn't install DeLorme nor
Garmin, let alone run them.

If there is reason to believe wine itself can do it -- which would amaze
me, but maybe my sources are less reliable than I suppose -- I'd be glad
to try myself, just in case. Do you recommend an rpm from winehq for FC1,
or is there anything else any more specialized toward this purpose?

Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!