[Wine]VVDQ : GPS/topo-map software?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 14 17:59:38 CDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:46:39 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Can we assume that you've tried with a very recent build of wine? If
>   so,
> what do you see?

Not quite. Until very recently I waited for reports from interested but
far more knowledgeable friends -- ones who *understood* linux (which I
barely manage to run, because I hate MS so much) -- and knew how to run
and even tweak wine. Then scuttlebutt reached me that Codeweavers' version
could do it; I tried; no joy. Cw wouldn't install for me under FC1, and
under RH9 (which I still had, but don't now) wouldn't install DeLorme nor
Garmin, let alone run them.

If there is reason to believe wine itself can do it -- which would amaze
me, but maybe my sources are less reliable than I suppose -- I'd be glad
to try myself, just in case. Do you recommend an rpm from winehq for FC1,
or is there anything else any more specialized toward this purpose?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!