[Wine]Program cannot find COM ports

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Aug 16 13:52:06 CDT 2004

Hi!
  I have a problem running original Siemens Mobile Phone Update program.
  It starts but writes "No COM ports available" and then quits.
  I have my ports correctly configured but I didn't find any attempt to
use them by the program (with WINEDEBUG=all). However, I've found an attempt
to use the key "Hardware\\DeviceMap\\SerialComm", which is not present in
any of my registry files.
  Because I have no experiences with windoze, I'm a pure Linux user, I would
like to ask, whether it's possible to "fake" the key with some meaningful
value to make the program happy and use my serial ports.
                                          With regards, Pavel Troller