[Wine]Pegasus Mail: Opening HTTP links in linux browser

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Fri Aug 27 10:03:44 CDT 2004

Hello together,

i would like to open HTTP links in common linux browsers. So, how must I configure
Pegasus Mail and wine to do so?

I've found the following posting about a similar problem from Rein Klazes here:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2003/12/0053.html

OK, I tried this...
in system.reg:

[Software\\CLASSES\\htmlfile\\shell\\open\\command] 1093618289
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Konqueror\\konqueror %1\""

[Software\\CLASSES\\http\\shell\\open\\command] 1093618289
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Konqueror\\konqueror %1\""

konqueror.exe looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
echo starting konqueror $1
if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
/usr/bin/konqueror "$1"
fi

But it didn't works even if Pegasus Mail should use the konqueror.exe file directly
(user defined browser was defined about the file open dialog).

Running wine with --debugmsg +reg doesn't output any registry operations.

I also tried this with another application, Total Commanders "Help->Visit Totalcmd's
Web Site" menu item, same result. :-(
The script itself is ok, i can start it i.e. per Total Commander build-in command line.

Any clues?

Bye,

Timo