[Wine]Wine on FC2 crashes on File Selection dialog

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Wed Dec 8 10:02:34 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 17:02, Joachim von Thadden wrote:

> Why don't you use winedbg? It has to be noted in the system.reg
> under
>
> [Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug]
> "Auto"="1"
> "Debugger"="winedbg %ld %ld"

Because I'm apparently too stupid to use it correctly (I haven't come
across a simple description about it's usage yet).

Adding above key doesn't seem to change anything:
- starting "notepad" directly just crashes (on directory-change) without
msg.
- starting it with "winedbg --auto notepad" gives me a list of modules,
a thread list and then a "WineDbg terminated on pid 0xa", No window ever
opened...
- starting it with "winedbg notepad" ends in the dbg-console with the
last message seeming a disassembled line: "0x004bc52e: jmp 0x004bc51d".
Doing a "cont" gives me the window, choosing a dir closes the window,
but no output on the dbg-console and from then winedbg seems to hang
(CTRL-C gets me back to the shell prompt).

I'm too stupid to debug this properly :-(

Any more clues. ideas what I could try to trace this down?

Tnx,
HaJo

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>