[Wine]Cluster size not supported

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 30 03:09:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:56:19 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having a similar problem, I get "The cluster size in this system is
> not supported."
> I get this when running wine InstMsiA.exe (using the version from
> microsoft.com). It comes up in a windows message box. I'm running wine
> from yesterday's cvs.
> I tried running Rein's test program from this old email and I get the
> following output:
> % wine fds 'c:\'
> ret 1 gle 0
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 1104350701 freeclust 1 totalclust 1
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 41d30ded freeclust 1 totalclust 1

What is the output of df for this drive?

What file system (ext2, ext3, reiserfs etc.)?

What Linux distribution ?

Two people contacted me that the problem went away after specifying
lba32 in their lilo.conf. Another upgraded from ext2 to ext3 and never
saw the problem anymore.

Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl