Old wines

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:20:12 CST 2004

saravanan wrote:
> Hai guys,
>        I would like to get some old WINE softwares for Redhat 7.3 &
> RedHat 9.0 machines. Because the latest WINE softwares takes a lot of
> time to execute an OCR program...

You might want to do a small amount of investigation of what is causing
this. If it is taking a long time executing processor intensive tasks
(as opposed to drawing screen graphics), then a good candidate might be
msvcrt. If you don't have a native Windows version of msvcrt.dll, then
try to get one and configure Wine to use it. I have found that single
change to make a dramatic speed difference in certain applications.