Whatever happened to the gtk based uxtheme.dll implimentation?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 23 02:52:40 CST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:22:21 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

> Hello,
> This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if I'm
> posting this in the wrong place. A while ago on one of
> the wine newsletters, it was reported that somebody
> messed around with the uxtheme.dll implimentation to
> allow for native gtk themes to work with wine apps.
> This was a great idea, as the default widgets wine
> uses, are quite frankly, kind of ugly. I'm wondering
> whatever happened to it, and if something like this
> will ever be committed in the future.

You can check the progress that wine is making, what is changed and by
who, in the Changelog: http://source.winehq.org/source/ChangeLog

As you can see, uxtheme is being worked on by at least one developer at
the moment.

Note that such a project may take at least some man months of work,
perhaps years. That is full time, and since a lot of wine development is
done by volunteers in spare time ...

Everyone, you too, is welcome to assist to make things go forward

Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl