Running Outlook 97

dcoletti at xtech.com.ar dcoletti at xtech.com.ar
Fri Jan 23 10:13:18 CST 2004

Hi, I read at this post[1] a problem that I'm also having. The possible
solution offered was to run the wine commando overriding the order in
which the DLLs are searched, well that didn't do the trick.
I'm trying to execute Outlook 97 with wine and I'm getting:

$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES="olemsg=b" wine OUTLOOK.EXE
err:module:import_dll No implementation for MAPI32.dll.173 imported from
L"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\OUTLLIB.dll", setting to
0xdeadbeef
[...]

err:module:import_dll No implementation for MAPI32.dll.239 imported from
L"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\OUTLLIB.dll", setting to
0xdeadbeeferr:module:import_dll No implementation for ole32.dll.CoInitializeEx
imported from L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\shlwapi.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeeffixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
found!Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout (phantom key
version)) for scancode mapping.Please define your layout in dlls/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
fixme:seh:EXC_RtlRaiseException call to unimplemented function
mapi32.dll.EnableIdleRoutinewine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid c
No debug information in ELF 'wine' ((nil))
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE' (0x30000000)
[...]

Unhandled exception: unimplemented function mapi32.dll.EnableIdleRoutine
called in 32-bit code (0x00bb8058).In 32-bit mode.
0x00bb8058 (MAPI32.DLL..text+0x7058 in MAPI32.DLL): subl        $4,%esp
Wine-dbg>quit
WineDbg terminated on pid c
$ wine -v
Wine 20031212
$

Is there any way around this? I'm using Fedora 1 with wine version 20031212

thanks a lot,

daniel///

[1]: http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2004/01/0046.html