Problem with CAD application in wine

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 26 01:20:22 CST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:48:02 -0500, you wrote:

> I'm trying to run a cad application in wine, and after finally resolving
>    all of my DLL issues, wine outputs this:
>
> err:module:import_dll No implementation for
> shell32.dll.SHCoCreateInstance imported from
> L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\avifil32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
> available
> err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
> available
> err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
> available
> err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
> available
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0045), starting debugger...
>
> The splash screen of the app loads, and the main window is outlined but
> never gets painted before the exception.
>
> My approach of importing native dlls for everything that it complained
> about seems to have run out... so how should I go about debugging it
> further?  I turned all debug messages on, but there was so much on the
> screen and slowed down loading so much I wasn't quite sure what to do.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You forget to tell us what dll's are now native/builtin. From what it
looks now you can try to make either shell32, shell (and perhaps the
ole* family) native, OR avifile32 builtin. But that maybe just the
looks.

Other important/essential information like what windows version the
native dll's come from or wine version is also lacking.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl