[Wine]Path Errors with InstallShield

Philip J. Dicke philip.dicke at raytheon.com
Thu Jul 1 07:28:58 CDT 2004

I'm trying to install InstallShield 9 from here:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158
(ISScript9.msi) using  the following command:

wine "C:\windows\system\msiexec.exe" /i ISScript9.Msi
Eventually it errors out with a File not found.  The problem is that the file is
"C:WINDOWSStart MenuProgramsStartup".  All the '\' are missing.  I also noticed
that the following directories were created during install in my c: drive:
WINDOWSFavorites
WINDOWSNetHood
WINDOWSRecent
WINDOWSSendTo
WINDOWSShellNew
WINDOWSDesktop
WINDOWSStart MenuProgramsStartup
WINDOWSStart Menu
WINDOWSFonts

I've checked all my registry settings and everything "seems" to be correct.  Has
anyone else had this problem or do they have a clue how to fix it or where it is
coming from?