[Wine]Speed of wine programs, Autocad 2000, Simcity 4

Flameeyes dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 11 05:48:13 CDT 2004

The MCP wrote:
> Is this typical or is something very wrong with my WINE setup? I'm using
> 20040615 on a 1.8Ghz Athlon XP with Mandrake 10.0. I've checked
> config.log, and there aren't any obvious error messages about OpenGL -
> Does anyone have a specific string to grep it for?
Try to give it more niceness, but you should need sudo to do this.
I don't suffer of much slowness at least with the small utilities I use
under Wine, nor on Throne of Darkness I played the last summer without
problem.
I build wine using

CFLAGS=-march=athlon-tbird  -mcpu=athlon-tbird -O4 -pipe
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -falign-functions=4
-maccumulate-outgoing-args -fforce-addr

[you should replace athlon-tbird with athlonxp probably]

HTH,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net - http://flameeyes.web.ctonet.it/