[Wine]SimoComU

Jochen Roedenbeck roe at spl-spindel.de
Mon Jul 12 03:37:38 CDT 2004

I installed the new Wine release of 2004-06-15 on SuSE-Linux 8.1. What I
got is this:

The first start of Wine fails with a segmentation fault error. The
second one succeeds. So I tried it with winfile.exe, wincmd32.exe
(Windows Commander), ntmega.exe (MegaCad 4.5). If the programs run,
they run. The error occurs immediately after the invocation of wine
only. Or never.

With SimoComU, a program from Siemens for controlling frequency
converters, there is a real problem. The program starts, shows a
message window asking the user for his language, and then no main
window appears. The following messages are shown on the console:

met at planck:/opt/wine/c> wine
C:\\Programme\\Siemens\\SimoComU\\Bin\\SimoComU.exe
Speicherzugriffsfehler
met at planck:/opt/wine/c> wine
C:\\Programme\\Siemens\\SimoComU\\Bin\\SimoComU.exe
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1077207976
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height 65535
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1086459433
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 1086459434

Does anyone know what that means? Is there any possibility to tell Wine,
which window size to use?

On original Windows the program works.

Jochen Roedenbeck
--