[Wine]Problems relating to alsa sound

Justin Burket zorton at jtan.com
Fri Jul 23 03:35:49 CDT 2004

Good day,

I have been working on trying to get EchoLink
(http://www.echolink.org/) running under wine.  I know this program has
been run successfully before due to the presence of a HOWTO on the
subject (http://hyaden.dyndns.org/HOWTO/EchoLink-HOWTO).  Here is my
current status.

I have compiled the latest copy of wine and installed Echolink via a
fakewindows setup.  My current kernel setup is using 2.6.7 with the
stock alsa drivers included in the linux sources.  Echolink runs just
fine when the sound is configured to use the OSS sound drivers with the
exception of the mic/line-in input.  I have verified that the line-in
is receiving audio and can indeed hear audio through the sound-card
output when speakers are connected.  When I attempt to switch wine over
to using the alsa sound driver Echolink fails to load.  Please note: I
am running alsa's OSS's emulation when using wine's OSS sound driver.
What steps should I perform in order to track down this problem?  Is
there any information that I could provide that would be of further
assistance?

Thank you for reading this far,
Justin Burket
KL1RL