[Wine]problems with installer for bridge base online

Evan Daniel evanbd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 02:29:41 CDT 2004

I'm attempting to run the Bridge Base Online installer
(ftp://www.bridgebase.com/bbo_setup.exe) under wine, but something
isn't working.

wine bbo_setup.exe produces no error output, and very briefly displays
the splash screen before exiting with a successful status.

winedbg bbo_setup.exe produces:

fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x405be730,1) - no error checking
or testing yet
WineDbg starting on pid 0xa
In 32 bit mode.
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline

(with no wine-dbg prompt)

and then sits there doing nothing until I kill it.

What is the next step in debugging this?  Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using wine 20040615 (debian unstable package) with basically the
default config produced by winesetup (fake windows directory, changed
a couple directories, everything else default).

TIA

Evan Daniel