ALSA and an intel i8x0/SiS SI7012 sound card

Michael Graham oobermick at
Mon Mar 15 16:57:27 CST 2004

I've been try to get sound in wine (20040121) working on my machine for
while now. As you've probably guessed I've got a SiS 7012 (which uses
the intel i8x0 modules) and alsa (either natively or OSS emulation.)

google came up with a few hits about this not working in the past,

But I'm not sure if this is still relevant.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get sound with this arrangement?

p.s. please CC me as I'm not subscribed.

"Ugh, it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's throwing up."
--Fry (Futurama)