Virtual Dub and NtFs

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 05:16:24 CDT 2004

On Saturday 01 May 2004 10:56, Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:47:41 -0500, you wrote:
> AFAIK, if the "real" file system supports large files, Wine will do as
> well. Does it not work?

It works, but only with programs that don't check what filesystem they're
running on. VirtualDub checks whether the file is being saved on a FAT or
NTFS drive by retrieving the filesystem properties and refuses to save beyond
2GB if it's reported as FAT. (Obviously, on a real Windoze system, saving
beond 2GB on FAT would fail.)

My hack simply changed Wine's response so that it reported the simulated
volume to be an NTFS one.

Regards,
Stephen