Run Windows program minimized in Wine

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue May 4 08:55:11 CDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 00:11:44 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> Hallo,
> I would like to run a Windows program minimised in Wine. In Windows I run it
> from cygwin with the command
> cmd /c "start /wait /min /low c:/WinSpice/wspice3.exe -b $1"
> where cmd is the Windows command line interpreter; /c creates a new instance of
> it and closes it when done; start starts the program wspice3 (-b is a wspice3
> switch); /low runs it at low priority; /wait means further commands wait until
> finished (not the default!) and /min runs it minimised.
> I have tried this in Wine by copying across cmd.exe, but the /min switch is
> ignored. It is read, as the command chokes on a /m switch for example. What I
> am using is
> nice -n 10 /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --workdir $PWD c:\\winspice3\\wspice3.exe -b
> $PWD/$1
> but this pops up a graphics window which takes a lot of CPU cycles.
> There used to be a -iconic switch to Wine, but it seems to have gone when '-'
> type switches were replaced by '--' ones. I couldn't trace the history of when
> and why that happened, or why -iconic disappeared. Does anyone know how I can
> run this job, something like
> nice -n 10 /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --workdir $PWD com /c "start /wait /min
> c:\\winspice3\\wspice3.exe -b $PWD/$1"
> or
> nice -n 10 /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --workdir $PWD --iconic
> c:\\winspice3\\wspice3.exe -b $PWD/$1
> Best regards, Graham Petley

I do not know anything about the cxoffice wine, for details ask on the
proper list.

The official wine includes a program called "start" that supports the
switches /min and /wait.

Try "wine -- start /min someprog.exe" and see if you like the result
(win98's start.exe works here as well).

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes