Help: Wine Joystick Problems with X-Plane, Log Attached

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Mon May 24 08:13:58 CDT 2004

Unfortunately my joystick (MS Sidewinder Prec. Pro) doesn't work with my
favorite flight simulator X-Plane. It used to work with old X-Plane
versions, but since 7.x it doesn't work anymore.
Looks like there are a few stubbed out functions that need to be
called.demo MSDN seems to contain some info on them, but I'm not
familiar enough with wine, dx and windows to be able to implement them.
I'd really appreciate if somebody could take a look at the attached log.
It was produced during an X-Plane run. Whoever fixes it will be given 5
euro (I'm a poor student, it's pretty much for me actually :/). This is
not mean to spoil you. Instead, it is meant to be a motivation for you
who do so much for us and get so little. :)

regs,
 Chris

PS: X-Plane trial is available for no costs under
http://www.x-plane.com/demo.html