[Wine]Complete Linux newbie!

Allan Young allan at desk2web.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 16:24:44 CST 2004

Hi, I've finally, after much deliberation, taken the plunge and installed Suse
9.1 onto one of my PCs at home - why I never did it sooner I didn't really
know until I came to "install" Wine; now I'm pretty comfortable with Windows
and "thought" things would be pretty much the same with Linux - first
mistake!

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some REALLY simple
instructions in how to get Wins installed - I've downloaded
wine-20041019-SuSELinux81.i586.rpm and believe that I have installed the
package correctly through YaST - but what now?  I have genuinely read through
the readme and have tried to make sense of the HowTo's buts I guess I am just
one of those slow-to-convert-from-Windows kinda guys!

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Allan