[WINE] Setup.exe error and mapping drives

Julian Hall wine at kaotic.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 07:32:29 CST 2004

Hi All,

I have two questions, but first I am using wine 20040615, on Mandrake
10.0 Community

1.  I have two programs previously installed under Windows that I have
just made desktop icons for in Mandrake to run them under WINE.  I did
this as I am dual booting the system currently rather than install them
under WINE.  Both are for video editing/encoding.  TMPEG Encoder and DVD
Author.  They load and run without error.  However when I go to the
dialogue box to browse for the AVI to load I can only see drive C and
D.  I have partitions labelled C through J.  I tried creating symlinks
in the dosdrives directory, but I cannot view content of any of the new
drives I have added.  Obviously I've done something wrong (this is my
first serious foray into WINE) but I don't know what.

2.  Trying to install a program using WINE as below:

[root at natalie root]# wine /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects

The Install Shield program hung with the above line repeatedly
scrolled.  Is this something I did wrong or would it be fixed by
updating to the latest WINE?

Kind regards,

Julian