Fwd: Re: [Wine]re:re:HELP

David Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Oct 9 01:52:59 CDT 2004

Hmm, as someone who made a living as a technical writer who mainly wrote
user documentation ... I too find the standard Linux documentation (what
is commonly available online and/or comes with Linux) I've read not very
accessible for newbies. It makes many assumptions about the readers'
background knowledge.

The best Linux book I've ever read (from a non-technical person's
viewpoint) is The CorelLinux Official Guide. While other Linux distros
have eclipsed CorelLinux in many ways, their user documentation hasn't.

Note: I haven't looked at the Orreilly book mentioned below, because
books are out of date before they even arrive on the shelf!

David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com