[Wine]Debugging advice

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 18 04:03:23 CDT 2004

Hi Rein,

Thanks.  I think that "watch" ought to do something like what I wanted,
but it doesn't seem to work: no matter what watch point I ask for, winedbg
always says it's at the same address, and I don't actually get a break
when that address gets changed.

Wine-dbg>watch *0x0041a5e0
Watchpoint 1 at 0x405ae8c4

Have I misunderstood what a watchpoint does?  I expected that "watch
*0x0041a5e0" would set something like a breakpoint, pulling up a debugger
prompt whenever anything got written to memory location 0x0041a5e0.

I think I have found the other bug that stops this app from working, but
as you said that should go to the devel list.

Thanks,
Walter