[Wine]Fonts

John Wildberger wildberger at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 18 19:31:55 CDT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 12:00 pm, Duane Clark wrote:
> John Wildberger wrote:

> > I have copied all windows font into my wine/windows/font directory.
> > How do I tell my wine application to use any of these fonts?
> > In particular I want to see my toolbar bigger.
> > John
>
> Did this at least fix the fonts that required the magnifying glass? I
> don't really know whether the toolbar font can be specified separately.
> If this is possible in Windows, then likely it would be controlled by a
> registry key. If Wine supports specifying a font for the toolbar, that
> it would almost certainly use the same registry key.

The main improvement was the change from italics to normal font. They are
still rather small but at least legible. The fonts for the window dressings
that surounds an application (includs toolbar) seem to be tied in to the
design of the application and cannot be changed to other fonts by the user.
If it cannot find the font that it needs, then an italics default font is
used. I think this is a flaw in wine. The default should be a normal font
instead. Well, wine has not reache the version 1.0 level yet, so there is
still hope.
John