[Wine]iKernel.exe error

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Aug 17 15:39:24 CDT 2005

>>>>> "serja" == serja  <mekoc at inbox.ru> writes:

    serja> I try to install Heavy Metal FAKK 2 game software, but the
    serja> installer exit with the following error message: "The
    serja> InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be
    serja> launched. (0x80040155)."  I've read the wine faq and find some
    serja> answer there: kill all running wine component. I've killed all
    serja> wine components, but it doesn't help.  I use wine 2005.03.10 on
    serja> Debian 3.1 system.  Is there any solutions? Or should I report it
    serja> to developers?  Thanks in advance!

2005.03.10 can't run installshield installer without native dlls. Only the
most recent version can run without native dlls
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de