[Wine] Wine Server for multi users

Vitaliy Margolen vitaliy at kievinfo.com
Sat Dec 24 15:53:47 CST 2005

ATM wineserver is incapable of handling multiple users. In a sense it is
single user application. Also, don't forget that wineserver is responsible
for registry. And registry comes from ~/.wine (or more correct
$WINEPREFIX/system.reg and $WINEPREFIX/user.reg).

It is a to-do for some distant feature however when whole WIne will be
more stable and more reliable. With, perhaps, support for full winNT
security scheme.

Vitaliy