[Wine]Delorme Street Atlas 8 and ISO images

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Feb 19 08:45:16 CST 2005

Being lazy, I'd just as soon not be swapping CDs in and out of the CD
drive to use Street Atlas 8. So I slurped the SA 8 data CD into an ISO
image, which I then mount as a loopback device. I created a symlink in
~/.wine/dosdevices, s: (and it took me a while to get the syntax for
that right :-). winefile and fn.exe
(http://www.charlescurley.com/fn.html) have no problems with the iso
image.

I see two problems with SA.

* SA does not know when its data CD is not present in the CD drive. I
  can have another CD or no CD in the drive, and SA simply presents a
  blank map.

* On the few occasions when SA does figure out it does not have a CD,
  I give it the correct drive letter for the ISO image, and it
  continutes to present a blank map.

Ideas?

Thank you.