[Wine]june 2005 release and 'registry' ?

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Jul 8 21:25:26 CDT 2005

Hiji schreef:
> --- Dan Sawyer <dansawyer at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>I am testing with the wine 2005 release. The release
>>notes state config
>>file control has been moved to the registry and that
>>winecfg is active.
>>winecfg does not seem to recognize dll overrides.
>>Has anyone else seen
>>this? If so were you able to work around it?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dan
>

> I'd be interested to know as well!  I could not find
> how to do DLL overrides with winecfg.  I believe that
> some portions of the config file will still work, but
> I didn't know what parts were referred to.  I'm adding
> the wine-devel alias to this email; maybe someone
> there can help.
>
> How are DLL overrides done in winecfg?
>
> Hiji

Open winecfg (obviously ;-) ) and then on the first tab, if you want to
make the override for only a particular application, click the "Add
application" button, browse to the *.exe in question, and select it.

It will now appear in the list, and if you select (highlight) it, when
you go to the next tab, you will see that the titlebar now says "Wine
configuration for [your app]".

If you want the settings to be default, then just leave "Default
settings" selected when you go to the "Libraries" tab.

In the "Libraries" tab, type the name of the dll you want to override in
the only field that is available to you.

Choose what you want to do with the dll using the radio buttons, which
will now become active, since they have a dll name to work with, then
click the "Add Override for" (or something similar, my winecfg is in
Dutch, because my desktop is in Dutch -- nice touch, btw, guys!), and
the override will appear with the settings you chose.

Hit Apply to write the settings, and OK to exit the program, and you're
done. The overrides should apply normally when you next run the
application in question.

It works for me, anyway.

Hope this helps.
Holly