[Wine]dcom98.exe fails to install.

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Sun Jun 19 13:34:30 CDT 2005

David Harel schreef:

> Matt Urquhart wrote:
>> Why would you want to use IE when you've got firefox?
>
> Site mentioned (www.arkia.co.il - as well as most Israeli sites don't
> work with firefox (try to make a reservation and see what happens).

I got to the site fine, but I can't read Hebrew, so I couldn't test
making a reservation. However, I wonder if you changed the User Agent in
Firefox with the User Agent Switcher extension (
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=59 ), so that FF
reported being IE instead of FF, would you then be able to use the site?

It would still be an easier solution than fighting to get IE running, if
that kind of site is all you want/need it for. Certainly worth a test.
Wine, though wonderful, is not the solution to every problem that seems
to force one to use a Windows application-- native programs are quickly
catching up and making some of the problems moot.

Hope this helps,
Holly