[Wine]Error while booting WorldWarII Online

n*jean thejest at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:35:34 CDT 2005

Hey all!

I Installed WorldWar2 Online and all goes fine, but when I

wine WW2.exe, the game starts for a second and then crashes

Here's the output:

andrea at njean:~/.wine/drive_c/Playnet/CRS/WW2OL$ wine WW2.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesA ((nil),0,0x7cf770,0x00000000), stub!
err:opengl:X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat unexpected iPixelFormat(68) >
nFormats(67), returns NULL
file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
file:///etc/xml/catalog:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found

^
fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit (): stub!
fixme:avifile:AVIFileExit (): stub!
fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit (): stub!
fixme:avifile:AVIFileExit (): stub!
err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Could not map sound device for direct access
(Input/output error)
err:wave:DSDB_MapBuffer Use: "HardwareAcceleration" = "Emulation" in
the [dsound] section of your config file.

Of course I removed the ; in front of "HardwareAcceleration" =
"Emulation" in the config file, but I get the same error!

Help please :(

Thanks in advance