[Wine]Re: Step-by-step guide for PowerPoint under wine?

Peter Wahl info_pw at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 17 13:59:30 CST 2005

Hi Joachim,

I believe I know now why the download didn't work:
Inside our company, we use a central script to
determine the proxy setting (something in the form of
'http://dusx/dusx.dat'). Konquerer, which is the
browser used by winetools, doesn't work with this
setting (firefox does), and so the download doesn't
work ???

However, I downloaded SplashKiller.zip. Where do I
have to put the two files (.exe and .dll) so that it
is detected by winetools?

Thanks again for your good work; this is amazing and I
discover new things everyday (like the 'dos' command
--  very funny !!)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/1/3/d13cd456-f0cf-4fb2-a17f-20afc79f8a51/DCOM98.EXE