[Wine] networking issues

Steve Paras-Charlton steve at falchion.com
Tue Nov 8 22:13:46 CST 2005

Quoting James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:

> On 11/8/05, Steve Paras-Charlton <steve at falchion.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Awesome!  This has it installing like a charm. I should ask for help more
> > > often
> > > :)
> > >
> > > Thanks, James.
> > >

> Great to here, no problem.
>

> > > P.S.  I had to go find a copy of that dll in some temp dir in the fake
> > > windows,
> > > but it worked fine...
> > >

> Yea that's what has to be done until we provide a skeleton
> implementation if inseng.dll.
>

> > Hmmm.... I spoke too soon.  it installed, but when it tried to reboot, it
> fails,
> > and winedbg appears to fail due to lack of a library...
> >

> Have you tried to run IE even though the wineboot fails?

Yeah, it failed saying it is in the middle of an operation.

> > here's an excerpt of the messages:
> >
> > wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0015), starting debugger...
> > err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin
> L"dbghelp.dll":
> > /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by
> > /usr/lib/wine/dbghelp.dll.so)
> > err:module:import_dll Loading library dbghelp.dll (which is needed by
> > L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe") failed (error c000007a).
> >

> Did you install wine via rpm, source, deb?  This sounds like wine is
> expecting glibc 2.3.4 but isn't finding it for whatever reason.  What
> distribution are you running, and on what hardware?  What is the
> output of wine --version?
>
> --
> James Hawkins

steve at yu:~ $ wine --version
Wine 0.9

I'm on Ubuntu, Warty upgraded to Hoary, and I installed from the .deb at winehq

Likely I need a slightly newer distro (was planning on cleaning up and getting
to latest ubuntu anyhow).  I checked my libs in the indicated dir and I appear
to have glibc 2.3.2.

Steve