[Wine] 100% CPU usage

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 23:16:19 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Randall Walls <rwalls at gwi.net> wrote:
> 1) No.
>
> 2) Depends on where the issue lies.
>
> Bloody details may help. :-) :-P
>
> What version of wine are you running?

As I said, wine-0.9.

> Installed via RPM or compiled from
> source?

>From Gentoo portage. Wine-0.9 from WineHQ didn't build correctly on my
AMD64 machine. I posted questions about that here and received no

> Are you seeing this with all apps or just some?

Just some. Savihost is doing it occasionally. Quicken and IE are not.

> Any notations in
> the terminal?

None. The terminal is clean.

> Does running the app with 'WINEDEBUG="-all" wine app.exe'
> have any affect on performance? Does the app/system performance suffer?

Will have to investigate that tomorrow. Thanks.

> Has Wine always done this or did it just start?

Don't know. I've seen it off and on over the years. I jsut chalked it
up to Wine being in development. Now wine doesn't get a pass for
things like this.

Cheers,
Mark