[Wine] Halflife / Counterstrike (using Steam) does not work.

Christoph Schmid chris at schlagmichtod.de
Tue Nov 22 04:06:58 CST 2005

Hopefully Halflife2 is even configured to use opengl!
No matter if compiled in or not.
I don't know much about HL2 but played the original CS and Halflife.
and there you had to set openGL-mode manually in the setup or a
configfile.

as that are windows-games i assume they use DirectX by default.
and the DirectX implementation of wine is far from being complete.

So either try to set it to use OpenGL if that is possible with HL2 or
you have to use cedega.

greetings,
Ge0rgy