[Wine] new wine-crashes access v1.0

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Nov 26 06:31:15 CST 2005

Am Fr, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:12:44 -0800 schrieb John R. Sowden:
> I have a new Toshiba laptop with xp and suse 9.3.  Wine was installed
> automatically when I installed suse.  When I try to run access (I installed
> in on the c:\access drive/directory, it crashes with the following message:
> fixme: font: SetMapperFlags (0x188, 0x00800000:stub - harmless
>
> Note: from the konsole, I entered: wine e:\\access\\msaccess.exe
> It starts access but locks up with the licencing threat window.

You are starting Access from a native patition. This is the same as
starting it under windows without installing it just from a copied
directory of a friend. How should that work? Try to use a tool like
WineTools to *install* Office/Access under Wine and have fun with it.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"